Mesothelioma Medical Diagnosis

Mesothelioma - My Medical Diagnosis :

My name is Itzik Keidar and, I am coping, quite well with "Cancer" "medical diagnosis" and "treatments" (To me they are just words..!). It's been 12 years since I had a surgery to remove my type of Cancer and thank God, I'm Still Defeating It, All The Way!...


My name is Itzik Keidar and, I am coping, quite well with "Cancer" "medical diagnosis" and "treatments" (To me they are just words..!). It's been 12 years since I had a surgery to remove my type of Cancer and thank God; I'm Still Defeating It, All The Way.

Here is my story.

12 years ago, I had a Melanoma skin cancer.Melanoma is not as painful as Mesothelioma but it's certainly as wicked, and it had to be removed.
After the surgery, my doctor informed me that I'll probably get the same cancer in 2 years, unless I'll visit the hospital every day for the next 3 years and get Interferon injections. I remember thinking to myself... "If I'll follow doctor's recommendations, it will make me be aware of the word "Cancer" every single day and would give it the power that this word doesn't deserve.

I don't recommend you to do the same, but regardless of my wife's opinion, I took a decision, not only to reject the treatments, but also to ignore the periodical medical surveillances. Deep in my heart, I knew! That if God would decide to take my life then so be it.


Today, 12 years later, I am ignoring, even, the word "cholesterol" and stick to my insight that

Death is a part of life!

Accepting this insight alone changed my entire life.To have the guts doing what I did, one must have a very strong belief. For me it was more then a belief,I Knew that every thing will be all right.I think it is a really good thing that you are gaining information to make your decisions.  Since my father died from Lungcancer;  I know how hard it is to cope with it without enough information available;  I believe that knowledge and information are a very important part in the process of defeating Mesothelioma;  cancer or any other type of cancer.

Understanding that you, or one in your family, are the one who, faced with Mesothelioma Diagnosis and that you have the right and the ability to make the decisions yourself, is foremost to keep in mind; .Only you know what you are truly capable ! When you are asking for answers and you are feeling confused;  come back here and ask.

I am all here for you and I can point you to some good Mesothelioma resourses; You are not alone

Thank You,

And Good Luck With Your Journey!
Sincerely;, Itzik Keidar;


No comments:

Post a Comment